VISITOR VISA/TEMPORARY RESIDENT VISA
Visitor Visa is an official document confirming that you fulfill all the requirements needed to enter Canada. Visitor Visa is generally required by tourists and transiting through a Canadian airport before reaching the final destination. Visitor Visa can be applied through an online process or on paper. Visitor Visa is generally issued for six months or the length of your stay in Canada. At AMK Global, we advise and help you in getting the required Visa.
Visitors who are from a visa required country need a Visitor Visa/ Temporary Resident Visa if you are planning to:
- visit Canada (even if you’re traveling by air and it’s for less than 48 hours)
- If you are transiting for more than 48 hours in Canada while traveling to some other destination country.
Note: You also need a visitor visa if you’re from a visa required country and you’re crossing the border by any of the following: bus, car, train, boat, cruise ship
Basic Requirements for Visitor Visa (Outside Canada)
- If you are residing outside Canada when applying for the Temporary Resident visa, you must fulfill certain basic requirements to get a Visitor Visa. These requirements are as follows:
- A valid travel document (Passport)
- Proof of sufficient funds to support your total duration of Canadian stay.
- No prior immigration related or criminal conviction
- Proof of job, financial assets, family or home which shows a strong connection with your home country and obliges you to return to your home country
- Evidence of good health condition (Medical Examination)
- Convince the immigration authority that you will leave Canada as soon as your trip ends
- A Letter of Invitation for your travel from a resident of Canada will also be needed.
- A covering letter mentioning the purpose of your travel to Canada.
Basic Requirements for a minor traveling alone, with parents/ legal guardians or someone else to Canada, kids below 18 years of age are generally considered as little in Canada.
If traveling alone
- A valid travel document ( Passport) Parent’s passport cannot be used
- A signed Letter of authorization from both parents or legal guardian, which includes parents’ or legal guardian’s address and telephone number and details(Name, Address and Telephone Number) of the person who will look after the minor in Canada
If traveling with one parent only or Legal Guardian
- Minor’s valid passport
- Birth Certificate
- A signed Letter of authorization from the parent not traveling, which includes the parent’s address and telephone number along with a photocopy of the parent’s passport or national identity proof.
- In case of divorced or separated parents sharing the custody of the child copy of legal guardianship is required, and a Letter of authorization from the parent not traveling.
- In the case of divorced or separated parents where one parent has sole custody of the child copy of legal guardianship is required, and a Letter of authorization only from the parent has the minor’s control.
- In case one of the parents be deceased, the death certificate of that parent is required
- If a minor is traveling with a legal guardian or adoptive parents copy of guardianship or adoption papers is required.
Note: If a minor is travelling with any person other than parents or legal guardian the individual should get some kind of written permission or authorization from their parents or legal guardian which includes address and telephone number along with the parents or legal guardian and a photocopy of parents or legal guardian’s passport or national identity proof.
Get free online consultation by experienced and regulated consultants!
Basic Requirements for Visitor Visa (Inside Canada)
Suppose you are residing in Canada on a work permit or any other permit at the time of application for a temporary resident visa. In that case, you must fulfill certain basic requirements to get a Visitor Visa. These requirements are as follows:
- A valid travel document.
- A valid permit in Canada (Study or work permit)
- A valid employment letter
- A cover letter indicating your visa expiry date, your employer, the job in Canada
- Proof of enough funds to support your stay in Canada
- Evidence that you are already residing in Canada
- you want to leave and return to Canada shortly
- Your existing visitor visa is expired or was valid for only one entry.
Note: One must apply two months before the date they are planning to leave Canada.
Once all the requirements are fulfilled, the process of obtaining the Visa will start. You can submit your Visa application either online or by submitting papers by hand in the visa office. Here at AMK Global we suggest the online submission of the application. In certain countries, it is required to submit your biometrics (fingerprints and photo) along with your visa application. If this is a requirement for you to give your biometrics along with your application, you will have to visit the nearest Visa Application Centre (VAC).
The Government of Canada will check the submitted application, and it is necessary to attach all the required documents. Your application will either get approved or refused.
When all of the above requirements are being fulfilled, you will be issued a Visitor Visa by the Government of Canada. At the time of entering Canada with a visitor visa you need to pass the identity check successfully, the medical check, and meet the main entry criteria, so that the Border Services or the Immigrant officer will then stamp your passport or inform you on the duration of your stay in Canada. The officer can limit/ reduce or extend the duration according to your purpose of visit to Canada.