HOW TO OBTAIN A VISIT VISA TO UK
A with a standard visitor visa for the following purpose:
- Certain Business activities, for example, attending business meetings.
- For the Short study course
- For research or an academic exchange program
- For Medical reasons, for example, medical treatments.
Generally, a Standard Visitor visa is issued for the duration of six months for tourists; if you are visiting the UK for some medical treatment, the time of visitor visa is up to eleven months, you can stay in the UK for up to 12 months if the eligibility requirements as an academic.
If you happen to be a regular visitor, you can apply for a long-term standard visitor visa that will last for two, five, or ten years. The maximum stay for each visit would be six months.
Eligibility for UK Standard Visitor Visa
To obtain a visitor visa, the eligibility requirements should be met. You must show the following:
- Evidence to prove that you will leave once the trip ends.
- You will not stay in the UK for the extended periods
- Proof of funds for your stay in the UK
- Proof of funds for your return and onward journey
- Evidence of any business or other activities you want to do in the UK.
Eligibility Criteria for Visit Visa if you are applying to study in the UK for six months
- Poof that you have been accepted by UK’s accredited institution for a course no more than six months
- Proof of age that you’re at least 16 years old and have been accepted to the UK’S higher education institution for research that is relevant to the course you’re studying in your home country
- Proof of age that you’re at least 16 years old and you are opting for an elective as a part of an overseas medicine, veterinary medicine, and science or dentistry program.
Eligibility Criteria for Visit Visa if you are applying as an Academic
- Proof that you are highly qualified in your field of expertise.
- Proof that you are currently working in your field of expertise at an academic institution
- Proof that for your research, you are visiting the UK.
Eligibility Criteria for Visit Visa if you are applying for Private medical treatment
- Proof that you are suffering from a condition that needs private medical treatment in the UK
- Proof of arrangements for consultation and treatment
- Proof of funds for your treatment in the UK
- Proof that you will leave the UK once your treatment is completed or when your visit visa expires
- Proof that your disease is not infectious, which can create a danger to public health.
Eligibility Criteria for Visit Visa if you are applying for long term Standard Visitor Visa
You need to prove that you will leave the UK at the end of each visit. Your long-term visitor visa may be canceled if your travel history shows you are repeatedly living in the UK for extended periods.
Get free online consultation by experienced and regulated consultants!
The process to apply for a Visit Visa.
A list of documents is generally provided when you apply for Visit Visa online. You must provide your valid passport with a blank page for your visa. If any of the documentation required from your end is not in English, you need to get a certified copy of the same either in English or Welsh.
You will be asked to provide the following documents while applying for a UK visitor visa.
- Dates of your UK travel
- Details of the place where you are staying during your trip to the UK
- Cost of your trip to the UK
- Your Current address and how long you have lived in the same
- Details of your parents (Name, Address, Date of Birth)
- Your annual Income proof
- Details of any offense and conviction you may have committed.
You might also provide the following details
- Your Past ten years travel history.
- Details of your employer (Address, Telephone Number)
- Details of your partner (Name, Passport Number, Date of Birth)
- Name and address of the person sponsoring your trip (If any)
- If you have any family member in the UK name, address, and passport number of the family member.
Documents required for certain activities:
Specific documents are required if you are applying for UK Visit Visa for certain activities such as research purpose, medical treatment, or take the Professional and Linguistic Assessment Board (PLAB) test or sit the Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE)
Along with your application for Visit Visa in the UK, you need to make an appointment at your nearest Visa Office for your biometrics. The Visa office might keep your passport at the time of biometrics for your Visit Visa.
You will receive your visit visa stamped in your passport for the maximum duration of six months once the Visa Application is approved.