Page Banners (10)


Short-term work visas for the UK are all part of the Tier 5 Visas and part of the UK Point Based System

Short term work visas are also known as the UK Temporary Workers Visas

A certificate of sponsorship from a licensed UK employer is a requirement for all the short term UK visas

The main categories are as follows:

  • UK Charity Worker visa 
  • UK creative and sporting visa 
  • UK government authorized exchange visa
  • UK international agreement visa
  • UK religious worker visa 
  • UK seasonal work visa 


UK Charity Worker visa 

This visa is for the individuals who want to do voluntary work without pay, working for a charity in the UK, for up to one year. You can enter the UK 14 days before your first day at work.

UK Creative and Sporting Visa. 

This visa is for personnel offered work in the UK as a creative worker or sportsperson. A creative worker is an individual who works in the creative industry. These include but are not limited to dancers, actors, musicians, or film crew members.

UK Government Authorized Exchange Visa 

This visa is for the people who want to come to the UK for work experience, training, research, overseas government language program, or fellowship with an approved government authorized exchange scheme.

UK International Agreement 

This visa is for the people who have a contract to work for a foreign government, independent professional, or those who work as private servants for diplomats in the UK but are covered by the international law or treaty. You can stay up to 24 months in the UK.

UK Religious Worker visa 

This visa is for those who want to relocate to the UK only for a short term and do religious work such as preaching and any other non-pastoral roles.

A UK Religious visa holder will live and work in the UK for up to 2 years, and you can extend your stay by 28 more days than the time indicated on your certificate of sponsorship.  You might be sponsored only for a shorter period.

You can enter the UK up to 14 days before the date you will start working.

UK Seasonal Worker Visa 

Those that want to travel to the UK and do farm-related jobs for up to 6 months can apply for this visa.

UK Youth Mobility Scheme visa 

This is a visa for individuals between the ages of 18 and 40 who have certain types of British Nationality. With a UK Youth Mobility Scheme, you can work and live in the UK for up to 24 months.

Get free online consultation by experienced and regulated consultants!

Work visa documents required.

  • Valid passport or travel ID.
  • Proof of funds – bank statements or certificate of sponsorship
  • English language skills 
  • Health care surcharge payment proof.
  • TB test results for applicants who will be in the UK for more than six months and you’re a citizen of a listed country.
  •  A blank page is needed on your passport for visa stamping.
  • A certified translation must accompany any documents that are not in the language of English or Welsh.
  • If you are applying together with any other dependents, you must prove your relationship to them. 

You must meet all the other required eligibility requirements for any UK short-term visa that you will be applying for.


Visa application process

Individuals can apply and pay for their short-term visas online.

You can apply outside or inside the UK, and you can include your spouse and your children on your application to stay with you in the UK if they are eligible.

Your biometric information will be required when you apply online 

A complete list of what you can or cannot do with a Short term work visa will be shared with successful applicants.


UK Short term work: Visa Processing Time

It will approximately take three weeks to receive the decision taken on Student Visa Application if you are to apply from outside the UK. You can start your application at least three months before the day you are supposed to start working. 

You may get a faster decision on a visa depending on the country that you will be applying from

EU, EEA, and Swiss citizens

Citizens from these countries will not be required to submit their fingerprints as most visas will require them to provide a digital photo of their face using a smartphone app. Some visas will require the applicant to travel to an overseas visa application Centre, and their picture was taken.

Non-EU citizens

Submission of their fingerprints and a photo at an overseas visa application center is necessary.

Get free online consultation by experienced and regulated consultants!